Now that we know the formula, let’s practice using it to find a 10 percent discount when the original price for an item is $14. So, a 10 percent discount off of $14 gives you a discount of $1.40.
What is 10% off?
Figuring the Discount
While 10 percent of any amount is the amount multiplied by 0.1, an easier way to calculate 10 percent is to divide the amount by 10. So, 10 percent of $18.40, divided by 10, equates to $1.84.
How much is 10% off an item?
Taking 10 percent off a number changes depending on the original number: Divide your number by 10. Subtract this new number from your original number. You’ve taken 10 percent off!
How do you calculate percentage off money?
How do you calculate 10 percent discount in Excel?
How do you take 20% off a price?
First, convert the percentage discount to a decimal. A 20 percent discount is 0.20 in decimal format. Secondly, multiply the decimal discount by the price of the item to determine the savings in dollars. For example, if the original price of the item equals $24, you would multiply 0.2 by $24 to get $4.80.
How do you calculate a percentage off a price in Excel?
- First, divide the discounted price by the original price. …
- Subtract this result from 1. …
- On the Home tab, in the Number group, click the percentage symbol to apply a Percentage format.
How do I take percentage off in Excel?
Tip: You can also multiply the column to subtract a percentage. To subtract 15%, add a negative sign in front of the percentage, and subtract the percentage from 1, using the formula =1-n%, in which n is the percentage. To subtract 15%, use =1-15% as the formula.
How do you take 20% off in Excel?
How do you work out 60 Off a price?
- Multiply number of items at list price, by list price: 3*20 = 60.
- You are paying $60 and you’ll get 4 items.
- The discount price for each item is 60/4 = $15.
- With the formula: (3*20) / 4 = …
- Buying 4 for 3 at $20 each means you’ll spend $60 for 4 items; the per item discounted price is $15.
How do you subtract a percentage from a percent?
To subtract any percentage from a number, simply multiply that number by the percentage you want to remain. In other words, multiply by 100 percent minus the percentage you want to subtract, in decimal form. To subtract 20 percent, multiply by 80 percent (0.8).