- Connect your Apple Watch and iPhone to power and place them next to each other.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap Start Pairing.
- Once the Watch pairs, tap Restore from Backup.
- Choose the backup you want to restore–this process may take some time, so be patient!
How do I transfer my Apple Watch to my new iPhone without losing data?
- Erase your Apple Watch.
- Set up your new iPhone and sign in to iCloud. …
- Open the Apple Watch app on your new iPhone, then pair your watch with your new iPhone.
- Try to restore from a backup. …
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish setting up.
- Start using your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
Does repairing Apple Watch lose data?
Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your iPhone, not on your Apple Watch, so will not be lost.
Can you reset Apple Watch without erasing data?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Unfortunately you will have to start again from scratch. There is no user level way to extract the watch content, and it only supports pairing to a single iPhone so the watch has to be erased before you can pair to the new iPhone.
How do you unpair and repair?
Should I set up Apple Watch as new or restore from backup?
If this is your first Apple Watch, tap Set Up as New Apple Watch. Otherwise, tap Restore from Backup. If asked, update your Apple Watch to the latest version of watchOS. Your Apple Watch might require a software update before you can set it up.
How do I restore my Apple Watch from backup?
- Go back to the Apple Watch app and select Apple Watch from the list and tap “Pair Apple Watch.”
- Select “Restore From Backup” and choose a backup you wish to restore from.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter your Apple ID password when prompted.
How do I pair Apple Watch with iPhone manually?
- Put your Apple Watch on your wrist. …
- To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue. …
- Tap Set Up for Myself.
Why won’t my Apple Watch pair with my phone?
Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. Wait for the watch to unpair. After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
What happens if you erase all content and settings on iPhone?
When you tap Erase All Content and Settings, it completely erases your device, including any credit or debit cards you added for Apple Pay and any photos, contacts, music, or apps. It will also turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services.
What happens when Apple Watch is unpaired?
When you unpair your Apple Watch using the app, it will automatically start the process of resetting itself to factory settings and deleting all of your information. It will also automatically remove your Apple ID and iCloud account so it can be used by another user.
How do I transfer data from old Apple Watch to new Apple Watch?
The first step is to unpair the old watch from your phone. As part of that, a backup of your watch’s information and settings will be created on the phone. Next, pair your new watch following the normal procedures – launch the Apple Watch app, tap Start Pairing, and align the watch in the viewfinder.
How do I repair my Apple Watch?
Open the Settings app and go to General. Now, scroll all the way down to the Reset label and tap it. Hit Erase All Content and Settings, confirm your intentions and after a few seconds your Apple Watch will be ready to repair!
How do I reset my Apple Watch with too many passcode attempts?
- Ensure that your watch and iPhone are close to each other.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app and tap My Watch.
- Go to General > Reset.
- Select Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I unpair an Apple Watch and re pair?
- Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap All Watches at the top of the My Watch screen.
- Tap the info button to the right of your current watch.
- Select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Confirm the process by pressing Unpair (watch name).
Should I unpair my old Apple Watch before pairing a new one?
Unless you’re keeping both Watches, you need to unpair your old one. Once that’s done, however, your old Watch has been cut free from your iPhone, and you can give it away or sell it as you need.
Can I restore my Apple Watch from iCloud?
How do I restore my Apple Watch app to my iPhone?
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
- Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app.
- Tap A cloud with an arrow pointing down from within the cloud. to restore the app.
- Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home Screen.
How do I restore a backup to my iPhone?
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. …
- Then tap Erase All Content and Settings. …
- When your iPhone restarts, follow the on-screen prompts. …
- When you see the Apps and Data screen, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup. …
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. …
- Verify your identity.
What can you do with an old Apple Watch?
If you’re not ready to make a purchase, you can trade in your old device online for an Apple Gift Card via email that you can apply to any future Apple purchase. And no matter how you use Apple Trade In, if your device has no trade-in value, you can always recycle it responsibly for free.
How do I restart my Apple Watch?
To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.