“Good effort” means that you tried your best on something but perhaps made one or a few mistakes. The person telling you “good effort” can see that you tried to do well and are saying “good effort” to encourage you to do better. See a translation.
How do you use good effort in a sentence?
- He accepted those performances for what they were: good efforts.
- Yet, despite their best efforts, they could not save him. Everyday Violence (1990)
- And my child was interfering with all my best efforts! Christianity Today (2000)
Is good effort a compliment?
“Good effort” is normally a complimentary phrase. However, it is also used sarcastically, such as when an athlete makes very little effort in a point or play. … The OP mentioned looking for a phrase that compliments the effort but doesn’t imply failure.
What can I say instead of good effort?
- best effort.
- energetic effort.
- old college try.
- valiant effort.
How do you say great effort?
- I’m proud you’re on my team.
- Congratulations on your terrific job.
- You’re so helpful. Thank you.
- You continually improve. Well done.
- Thanks so much for your consistent effort.
- I really admire your perseverance.
- Your cheerful mood lifts the team’s spirit.
- You’re a champion.
What is a synonym for well done?
dramatic. imposing. notable. profound.
How do you use the word effort?
- [S] [T] I wonder if my efforts will pay off. ( …
- [S] [T] He found all his efforts of no avail. ( …
- [S] [T] I appreciate your efforts to help me. ( …
- [S] [T] We cannot help admiring their effort. ( …
- [S] [T] We should consider a combined effort. ( …
- [S] [T] Your efforts will bear fruit someday. (
How do you use great effort?
- When you have to win, you usually come out with great effort.
- He knows that’s his role and he plays with great effort .”
- With great effort, Todd is able to sufficiently improve his schoolwork.
- The engine had to be hand-cranked repeatedly with great effort.
What does it mean to put forth your best effort?
1. To exert, assert, or expend something, especially effort. A noun or pronoun can be used between “put” and “forth.” They played competently, but they just didn’t put forth enough effort to win. If you don’t put your best effort forth, there’s no way they’ll consider you for the job.
What is another word for hard work?
assiduous. careful. conscientious. diligent.
How do you describe effort?
1 : hard physical or mental work : exertion The job took great effort. 2 : a serious attempt : try Make an effort to arrive on time.
What’s better than well done?
They say that actions speak louder than words. So let’s make sure that we are doing more than just talking a good game. As Ben Franklin once said, “Well done is better than well said.”
Whats the opposite of well done?
Is it well done or well done?
You say Well done to indicate that you are pleased that someone has done something good. “Daddy! I came second in history!”—”Well done, sweetheart!” If something that you have cooked, especially meat, is well done, it has been cooked thoroughly.
What type of word is effort?
noun. exertion of physical or mental power: It will take great effort to achieve victory. an earnest or strenuous attempt: an effort to keep to the schedule. something done by exertion or hard work: I thought it would be easy, but it was an effort.
What is effort example?
Effort is defined as the use of physical or mental energy, the act or result of trying to do something. An example of effort is someone using their brain to make a plan. An example of effort is writing a letter.